The OpenFlexure Block Stage is a 3D printed x-y-z translation stage. It is described in the Optics Express article. Before you start building the microscope you will need to source all the components listed in the bill of materials (csv). Full source code for the STL files and instructions is available on GitLab.
- First, print the plastic parts.
- Next, prepare the printed parts for use.
- Next, assemble the actuators.
- Finally, mount the platform and motors.
- You may want to print some accessories depending on your intended use.
The completed stage will look like the image below: