The delta stage is a 3D printed x-y-z translation stage. As the optics do not move it is particularly suited to more complex imaging (phase, reflection, fluorescence microscopy).
Constructing the Delta Stage
- Printing the components
- Assembling the actuators
- Attaching the sample clips
- Attaching the motors
- Motor controller (Sangaboard)
Connecting the components
You can control your microscope using the OpenFlexure software. The geometry of the Delta Stage is different to the standard OpenFlexure Microscope. So that the movement of the stage is correct, you will need to change the stage configuration:
- In OpenFlexure Connect, when connected to your Delta Stage microscope, click
MICROSCOPE SETTINGS, click
- Change the
Stage geometrydropdown to
CHANGE STAGE GEOMETRY.
- LED grid illumination: For more complex illumination.
- Simple base: Short base; matches the footprint of the OpenFlexure Delta stage.
- Petri dish holder: A holder for a 35mm Petri dish.